top of page

getting started

From your initial inquiry about services, our team is here to guide you through every step, ensuring you or your loved one discovers services tailored to their needs and facilitates reaching their full potential. Navigating the I/DD system can be overwhelming, but with our experienced team, we are confident we will help you find the best path. ​

your first step

Contact McPherson County CDDO Services

The CDDO acts as the umbrella of disability services and service providers and ensures that eligible individuals receive the support services they need.​

The CDDO will work with your and help connect you with a Case Manager who will walk you through the entire process.

To learn more, click the link below or contact the McPherson County Community Development Disability Organization at: ​

119 Iron Ave #4, Salina, KS 67401

Phone: 785.823.3173


  • How do you enter the intellectual and developmental disability (I/DD) sector?
    Contact the McPherson County Community Developmental Disability Organization (CDDO) to complete an application process starting with eligibility. Referrals can come from anywhere (school, doctor, parent, guardian, etc.), and services can be provided from birth to death.​ Once eligible, the individual will choose a Case Manager who will help them navigate the complex system. Case Managers will assist with Medicaid qualifications, navigate other resources such as Social Security and HUD, broker community service offerings to best suit the needs of the individual and help with HCBS waiver access.​ The Case Manager will also help connect the individual with access to the HCBS Waiver. There is typically a waiting list for this waiver, and the application will undergo a rigorous review before being accepted. The Case Manager will be able to help the individuals answer any questions about the process.​
  • What are the eligibility criteria for developmental disability?
    “Mental retardation” means substantial limitation in functioning manifested during the time from birth to age 18. This is characterized by significantly below average intellectual functioning and deficits in adaptive behavior. Mental retardation includes limitations in two or more of the following adaptive skill areas:​ Communication​ Self-care​ Home living​ Social skills​ Community use​ Self-direction​ Health and safety​ Functional academics​ Leisure​ Work​ “Developmental disability” is a condition that includes autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and other physical and mental impairments. These conditions can result in severe chronic limitations such as:​ Self-care​ Learning and adapting​ Living independently​ Understanding and using language​ Mobility​ Economic self-sufficiency​ Self-direction in setting and accomplishing goals​ This does not include individuals who are solely emotionally disturbed or have mental illness. This also does not include those who have disabilities exclusively as a result of aging. ​ Developmental disabilities in children under the age of six are defined as a severe chronic disability which:​ Is attributable to a mental or physical impairment or a combination of mental and physical impairments.​ Results in at least three developmental delays as measured by qualified professionals.​ Reflects a need for a combination and sequence of special, interdisciplinary or generic care throughout their lifetime.​
  • How do I move my family member into residential services?
    We will provide all the necessary information and steps to move a family member into residential services through the support and guidance of the person’s Case Manager. The Case Manager walks alongside a person served and their family, so the transitions into services can be seamless.​
  • What services are funded by Medicaid?
    There are many services covered by Medicaid. The Medicaid services that fund services provided by organizations like MCDS are called Home and Community Based Services – Intellectual/Developmental Disability Waiver.​
  • What is available to my child with disabilities after graduation?
    There are many choices available after graduation: employment, community activities, recreation activities, living outside the family home, as well as living inside of the family home.​
  • If something were to happen to me, what would happen to my child?
    MCDS has been serving people with disabilities since 1971. If a parent or family member is no longer a part of the person’s life, MCDS will step in, and with other community resources that might be needed, ensure all needs continue to be met.​

Notifying the public of rights under title VI​

Multi Community Diversified Services, Inc.

MCDS, Inc. operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.​

Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with MCDS.​

For more information on the Title VI civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 620-241-6693, Email: or visit our administrative office at 2107 Industrial Drive, McPherson, Kansas.​

For more information visit


A complainant may file a complaint directly with Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with Office of Civil Rights​


Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590​


If information is needed in another language, contact 800-555-1212​


SIU se necesita informacion en otro ideiomam, por favor pongase en contacto con 800-555-1212

bottom of page